THE DRESDEN FILES Reading Challenge



Powered By Blogger

My Blog List

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Getting to know me

Hi, all:

I guess that I should have written this introduction BEFORE I started writing, but that's the way it is with a Pisces, we're always going about things bass-ackwards.

As you can see from my picture, I'm a red-head, and an opinionated one to boot. Y'all will all find that out as I post, you read - and hopefully, you comment.

As for politics: I am a fiscal conservative and I used to be a political one. Unfortunately, the (THANK THE GODDESS) FORMER pResident cured all that while he was still governor of my home state of Texas. Cuz'n Anne Richards had it right when she remarked that he was born with a silver foot in his mouth; the only problem that I've been able to find with her remark was that she stopped the analogy too soon. He was actually born with an entire silver LEG in his mouth, and he never learned how to get rid of it effectively, OR keep his mouth SHUT when he needed too. He did a lot of harm here, and he and his'n hurt the country while their regime was in power.

I used to believe in a lot of very conservative issues, and, over the years, have changed my views pretty radically. I no longer believe in the death sentence, for example. I personally don't think that just killing someone is enough punishment for that person. She/he should be put into superseg and left there, to rot in the stink of her/his own reflections. Plus, it's actually cheaper for the rest of us taxpayers that are footing the bill for these crapulous cretins to NOT have to pay for the BEEEEEEEEEEELYUNS andBEEEEEEEEEEEEELYUNS of appeals that ultimately fail in their purpose for the most part.

I don't believe in abstinence-only sex ed in the public schools. It doesn't work, and even the girls that take chastity pledges are only virginal in the technical sense once those nasty ol' hormones kick in. The majority of the girls that take those pledges wind up being a proctologist's BEST customer, or they wind up with STDS in their eyes and mouths from doing the suckjob on their boyfriends. Sad, but true.

I don't believe that we should offer any benefits to illegal aliens whatsoever, including free medical treatment, free dental treatment, food stamps or prenatal care for those women who swim across the Rio Grande to have their babies here so that they themselves can't be deported.

I DO believe that the world needs to do more to address these problems in an organized and comprehensive way, so that their countries of origin aren't so horrid that even cleaning toilets in the bus stations is preferable to being IN those countries.

So, here's who I am: short, fat redhead with MS, a wonderful wife that I adore, and opinions. LOTS of opinions. Stick around if you'd like, and please DO comment. Good, bad or indifferent, the ONLY thing that I hate is somebody that will NOT take a stand. Declare yourself, and then defend your positions - if you can, and if you dare.

I dare - and I dare y'all as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment